Thursday, December 15, 2011

blown away


Man, today was a windy one. I knew it was windy when I started my run. The thing with running is that half of it will be good and the other half is bad. You can either run with the wind or against it. 

I started off my run and I was running with the wind. Normally I would like this because it is isn’t pushing against me and not all in my face, but today it was really windy and was actually making me go faster. I had to concentrate on my pace and not let the wind speed up my pace blowing behind me. I did an OK job with that. 

Inevitably, I have to turn around and run back on the path, which means that this time I had run against the wind. It was BRUTAL!!! At some points, I felt like I was pumping my legs so hard but getting nowhere. Being that I am running in Illinois means that it is ALLLL flat lands so there is nothing to break up the wind, and go figure most of this run was on an open road so there were no trees or buildings. 

I did make it though the run. I knew my timing was going to be off from what I normally run due to the wind. I was totally ok with this! I think I need to get out of the mindset of running a certain time. I just need to run for the sake of running. I will finish eventually. Besides the horrible wind, I felt pretty good. 

Until the next run, 
cody! 


No comments:

Post a Comment