Saturday, December 3, 2011

Did I really just do that?!?!



PHEW!!!!

I am happy to report that I am still alive. Today I ran a whopping... 12 Miles!!!! Let me tell you, today I am proud of myself! 

I stayed out last night after my show to hang out with the cast, and we had Mexican food. I refrained from having a drink, because I knew that I had to run today. I was out till around 1. I slept in this morning and got my butt out of bed around 10. I finally got food in my belly and got myself together and out the door around 11:30. I wanted to stop at the store and pick up an energy bar, and while I was there, I picked up a heating pad for my back, just incase. Any who, I got to the forest preserve ready to run. It was raining out, so I figured if it were too bad, I would just save the run for tomorrow. 

I deemed it ok to run in the rain, as it wasn't raining very hard (and let me tell you, that rain of course messed up my hair!). I had a plan in my mind. The trail is 3.6 miles long. So, I knew that I needed to run the trail 3 times and then figure the rest of the mileage out, on the 3rd lap. 

I began running, and the rain wasn't bad at all. The weather wasn't too cold and the air seemed crisp. As I came up to my first 3.6 miles, I was feeling good. My stomach was holding up, my body felt physically fine and my mind was clear. I figured I would start taking bites from the energy bar during the remainder of the run, so that I could keep up the good vibes. 

So, long story short, I finished the 2nd lap, and still was feeling really good. The only pain that I encountered during the run was sometimes in my right heel and my ankles felt a little sore periodically, but nothing worth complaining about. On to my 3rd lap. 

The good thing about running on a trail, in the forest preserve is that there are also other people who use the trail and so you can see them and wave and smile. It is nice to see other exercising too. As I was approaching mile 3 of the 3rd lap, I decided to take my phone out to see what my mileage looked like and much to my surprise, my math was off and I had already run 11.90 miles. I was soooo happy. I picked up my pace a little and finished at 12.11 miles. The following are my stats:

Miles: 12.11 miles
Time: 1:36.07
Pace: 7:59 mins/mile
Calories Burned: 1782

I was soo happy to see my timing. For those of you who are following along, my goal was to finish all my runs with a pace within 8:00 min. This run was above that!!!!!  And the best thing is that I could have seen myself continuing to run on! 

When I stopped running, my body hit TENSE UP MODE! I really felt the 12 miles in my legs and feet but in a good way. I finally made it to the car and did a lot of stretching. I know that it very important and I want to make sure I stay comfortable and healthy. I am feeling really good about where I am in my running right now, and if I keep this up, I am looking at a 3-hour marathon!!!! Lets not have me get ahead of myself though!


Until the next run, 
cody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment