Thursday, December 29, 2011

Weekend Forecast


So, this weekend’s forecast is as follows:

Friday: 16 mile run
Saturday: Matteson Dash into the New Year 5k
Sunday: Recuperate from lots of running (and lots of NYE celebrating)
Monday: Doctors appointment to make sure my body isn't slowly crumbling

I decided to mix my training up a little bit, because I wanted to get the 5k race in there. I think it is good for me to get a little competition in so I can get more familiar with the "race setting". I have only done 2 other races before, so pacing with other people and running smart are things I need to improve upon. 

For the 16 mile run, I am hoping that the weather cooperates with me. Of course, as I am writing this, on Thursday, the weather is beautiful out and conditions for a great run. I am sitting here, doing nothing outside. I am going to map out my course before hand again so I know I am "going the distance" of 16 miles. Tonight I am going to think of a way to make sure I have aqua with me when I run, but I don't want to hold it. I might look into buying some sort of pack for my waist or something. 

I am already looking forward to Sunday. We are getting a hotel in Chicago, and so my bed will be comfortable and I can sleep in (hopefully)!!! 

I have a check up for Monday with the doctors. I am just making sure that I am maintaining a healthy training/ diet regimen for my body. I am going to ask the doc to look at my ankle, knees and heart. Lets hope all goes well. 

That’s about it. As the days go by, ultimately so do the weeks and before I know it, I'll be running my marathon! 

Until the next run, 
cody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment