Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday


Today was the start of a new running week. It started off with a 3 mile run. Let me tell you, it was cold and windy today, which makes for a not-so-pleasurable run. I was able to run the 3 miles in 24 minutes, which I think is the fastest I've run so far, but I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I just wanted to get the run over with! I should use that mentality more often. 

Tomorrow is 6 miles, then 3 or 4 on Thursday and I have Friday and Saturday off because I am supposed to run my first Half Marathon on SUNDAY. It isn't an actual race, but the distance will be 13.2 miles. I have already looked ahead to the forecast for Sunday, and it said that it is supposed to be 40 and sunny, which for me is the best weather to run in! So, cross your fingers for me! 

I'm going to be doing some updating of my music for my runs as I have gotten tired of the summer hits from 2010 :D. I will look around and see what I have on my computer and maybe bye some new music. I am open to suggestions. From what everyone keeps telling me, I wish it were easier for people to post comments on here. My favorite song to run to is Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine. It has a really good beat and keeps me energized, although when it came on my during my 12 mile the other day, I got a little too excited and upped my pace too much and got a little tired from it, so I have to be conscious of that when that song comes on. 

I have been trying to get into using this app Dailymile. It basically helps you connect with other people running/ working out, but also lets you log your mileage and it compiles info for you. I am also trying to follow other people’s blog to get inspiration from them. So are, ehh haha. At least I am trying. Gotta do what I gotta do, right!

Until the next run, 
cody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment